* Individual Therapy
* Habit Formation
* Behavioral Change
* Family Therapy
* Intake Assessments
* Organizational Skills Training (OST)
* Mentalization Based Treatment (MBT)
* Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
* Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) for Adolescents
* Cognitive Behavioral Therapy- Expanded (CBT-E) for Eating Disorders
* Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for Anxiety
* Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
* Stanford Cue Centered Therapy for Complex PTSD
Why should I send my child to a psychologist who is also a cognitive neuroscientist?
In addition to her clinical work as a licensed psychologist, Dr. Klabunde is a developmental neuroscience researcher and is an expert on the developing brain. Her studies examine how the body plays a role in emotion processing and empathy. Her research also examines empathetic accuracy and the role of the brain during empathy in psychotherapy. Additionally, Dr. Klabunde examines sex differences in the brain. She has publications in childhood trauma/early childhood stress, neurogenetic syndromes, eating disorders and is currently studying pediatric anxiety, ADHD and children, adolescents and young adults who have no psychiatric symptoms. Dr. Klabunde brings her sophisticated knowledge of the brain into the therapeutic arena in addition to providing evidenced based treatments.
Megan Klabunde, Ph.D.